Hallemavanloon believes in the the power of insight as a driver of growth. Great innovations are born out of great research. Our Insights Associates lead clients and teams through a journey of human-centered research to discover insights and inspiration and contribute to all phases of the design process. We’re seeking an individual who is naturally empathetic and passionate about people. Insights Associates bring to life the voice of the people they’re designing for, connecting the internal design team and client organization to the human experience. With society and technology continuing to evolve at a breakneck speed, hallemavanloon needs a Design Researcher to help us strengthen our digital fluency (through both using digital tools for research as well as doing research in the context of designing digital platforms and products) - to push the edges of how we search for insights and inspiration for new growth.
- - Join a dynamic team of design researchers whose work is a key differentiator for hallemavanloon in the consulting world.
- - Work on projects within a multidisciplinary team often made up of designers, engineers, brand and business strategists, etc.
- - Be responsible for structuring human-centered research and leading the internal and client teams through fieldwork, analysis of findings and insight development.
- - Connect insights to design and collaborate with teammates to create innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences.
- - Experience the process of great ideas emerging from a deep understanding of people, business and technology.
- - Travel to diverse regions inside or outside the EU to explore diverse human behavior and lifestyles.
our ideal insights associate...
A minimum of 3 years of qualitative research experience culminating in a sound ability to scope a research process, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews and perform desk research. Insight Associates must be prepared to plan and lead fieldwork to discover insights first-hand. Candidates need a strong foundation in qualitative methods and contextual inquiry that has been further developed through the integration of digital methods.
Ability to synthesize research findings and to uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design. Insight associates must be able to lead the team (and often the client) through the analysis and synthesis processes – distilling down to focus on the most important insights, linking them together in frameworks or principles for design.
Ability to shape and lead strategic, systems thinking based upon insights gathered through research. Experience working within a variety of industries and/or background in organizational / business / brand / systems design is a plus.
Exceptional communication and storytelling skills; fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and clients with user-driven rationale.
Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and inspiration. We are looking for people who can maintain a high degree of rigor throughout, but who also experiment in their approach and methodology.
High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
Openness to critique from other disciplines and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - cover letter
- - resume
- - examples of previous work you have done that is relevant to hallemavanloon, 10 pages or less. (This might include research, business strategy, or marketing, business innovation projects.)
Your submission should be non-confidential.